Story #1
At every appointment we have our patients swish with Listerine before we start cleaning to kill the bacteria in their mouths. So as usual I hand my patient a cup with Listerine and tell him to swish with it, and then I tell him he can go ahead and spit it back into the cup. As, he is swishing I glove up and get ready to start, and when I sit down he hands me the cup and it is empty. Then he says to me..." I figured we might as well not waste good alcohol." I almost busted up in laughter right in his face, but thankfully I waited until he left to get a good laugh.
Story #2
We learn Spanish in school. Well i thought I was okay at it, but apparently that is not the case. I NEED a lot of practice. Anyway, I call this lady and she speaks a little bit of english so i ask her to come to the school for a cleaning in spanish and english and she says yes. So I call and confirm the appointment the day before and she seems kind of bugged that I called to remind her. So I am in clinic waiting for my patient to show up and this is how the conversation goes....
front desk: gabe did you call a cleaning company to come in and do something at the school?" (I am a janitor at our school)
me: No, why?
front desk: well there is a lady here and she says she got called to come clean. We called the number that called her and we got your answering machine.
me: well... i called a lot of people and left messages. maybe she got confused.
front desk: no, she wrote down the time, date and address.
me: hmmm...what's her name?
front desk: Luisa.
me: that is my patient!
Then i just bust up laughing. Seriously what are the odds that she came to clean the school instead of get her teeth cleaned. She had her apron on and everything. She couldn't be my patient that day because she had her cleaning partner in the car. Anyway, she came back another day and she was so sweet. She was possibly one of my favorite patients. She was so grateful for the work I did for her, she even gave me a hug at the end of the appointment. It's days like this that remind me why I love what i do.
Oh I'm going to miss all the stories from school haha
ReplyDelete